Communities Also Named Barrhead ...
We have found one communities that share the name Barrhead.
Within Alberta, the name Barrhead is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Barrhead in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Barrhead lies 1,645 miles [2,647.4 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barrhead
Curious and Interesting Names Near Barrhead ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Birch Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Cove
- Birch Cove lies 12 miles [19.3 km] to the south of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosmo
- Cosmo lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the southwest of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosmo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freedom
- Freedom lies 7 miles [11.3 km] to the east of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freedom
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gunn
- Gunn lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the south of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gunn
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highridge
- Highridge lies 12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highridge
- Rich Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rich Valley
- Rich Valley lies 18 miles [29 km] to the south of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rich Valley
- Sunrise Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunrise Beach
- Sunrise Beach lies 27 miles [43.5 km] to the southeast of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunrise Beach
- Tiger Lily
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tiger Lily
- Tiger Lily lies 15 miles [24.1 km] to the west of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tiger Lily
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yellowstone
- Yellowstone lies 26 miles [41.8 km] to the south of Barrhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yellowstone
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Barrhead. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Greg Polis (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Westlock (Alberta) on Tueday August 8, 1950 and died in Victoria (British Columbia) on Sunday March 18, 2018 at the age of 67. He is buried at Dapp Cemetery (Alberta).
- Westlock is located 22 miles [35.4 km] to the east of Barrhead.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Greg Polis<2>
How Far From Barrhead to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Barrhead to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Barrhead and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 54 miles [86.9 km] to the southeast (SE). If you could walk a straight line from Barrhead to Edmonton, with an average speed<3> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take over two days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,800 miles [2,896.8 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,226 miles [10,019.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,992 miles [11,252.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,093 miles [8,196.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Barrhead: www.barrhead.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Barrhead) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Barrhead. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Barrhead
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barrhead. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.1232, Longitude: -114.4020
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Barrhead to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.551 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.625 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.664 degrees.|