Welcome to Yellowstone ...
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Yellowstone, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated January 1, 1965.
Time Zone: Yellowstone lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Yellowstone: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Yellowstone: T0E<2>
Communities Also Named Yellowstone ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Yellowstone - they are located in Indiana, Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Yellowstone.
Communities near Yellowstone ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Yellowstone.
- Alberta Beach
- Spring Lake
- Meso West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meso West
- Meso West lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Yellowstone.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meso West
- Seba Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seba Beach
- Seba Beach lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Yellowstone.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seba Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seba Beach
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Seba Beach<4>
- Westlake Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Westlake Estates
- Westlake Estates lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Yellowstone.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlake Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Calahoo
- Calahoo lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the east of Yellowstone.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Calahoo
- Val Quentin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Val Quentin
- Val Quentin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Yellowstone.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Val Quentin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Val Quentin
- Silver Sands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Sands
- Silver Sands lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Yellowstone.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Sands
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Yellowstone ...
Looking for more information about Yellowstone? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Yellowstone, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Yellowstone.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Yellowstone. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Yellowstone). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Yellowstone or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Yellowstone) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Yellowstone. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from YellowstoneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Yellowstone. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7333, Longitude: -114.3833 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|