Welcome to Campsie ...
Although we found mention of Campsie during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Campsie was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Campsie to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Campsie, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Campsie might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Campsie would be found within the (780) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Campsie ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Campsie.
- Barrhead (10 miles [16.1 km] to the east)
- Peavine (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peavine
- Peavine lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Campsie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peavine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peavine
- Birch Cove (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Cove
- Birch Cove lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Campsie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Cove
- Roselea (5 miles [8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roselea
- Roselea lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Campsie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roselea
- Tiger Lily (5 miles [8 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tiger Lily
- Tiger Lily lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Campsie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tiger Lily came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tiger Lily
- Camp Creek (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Creek
- Camp Creek lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Campsie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Creek
- Bloomsbury (9 miles [14.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bloomsbury
- Bloomsbury lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Campsie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomsbury
- Cosmo (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosmo
- Cosmo lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Campsie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosmo
- Fort Assiniboine (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Lunnford (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lunnford
- Lunnford lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Campsie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lunnford
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Campsie ...
Looking for more information about Campsie? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Campsie, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Campsie.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Campsie and then turned east". While Campsie could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Campsie as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Campsie could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Campsie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Campsie. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CampsieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Campsie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.1333, Longitude: -114.6500 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|