Welcome to Bloomsbury ...
Time Zone: Bloomsbury lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Bloomsbury: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Bloomsbury: T0G<2>
Communities Also Named Bloomsbury ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Bloomsbury - they are located in Maryland and New Jersey.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bloomsbury.
Communities near Bloomsbury ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bloomsbury.
- Barrhead (6 miles [9.7 km] to the south)
- Birch Cove (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Cove
- Birch Cove lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Bloomsbury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Cove
- Camp Creek (5 miles [8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Creek
- Camp Creek lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Bloomsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Creek
- Neerlandia (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neerlandia
- Neerlandia lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Bloomsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neerlandia
- Campsie (9 miles [14.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Campsie
- Campsie lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Bloomsbury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Campsie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Campsie
- Freedom (10 miles [16.1 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freedom
- Freedom lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Bloomsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freedom
- Lunnford (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lunnford
- Lunnford lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Bloomsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lunnford
- Manola (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manola
- Manola lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Bloomsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manola
- Tiger Lily (12 miles [19.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tiger Lily
- Tiger Lily lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Bloomsbury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tiger Lily came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tiger Lily
- Vega (13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vega
- Vega lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the north of Bloomsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vega
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bloomsbury ...
Looking for more information about Bloomsbury? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bloomsbury, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bloomsbury.
Adding Bloomsbury to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Bloomsbury was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Bloomsbury on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Bloomsbury
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bloomsbury. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Bloomsbury, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bloomsbury). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Bloomsbury or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bloomsbury) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bloomsbury. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BloomsburyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bloomsbury. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.2187, Longitude: -114.4517 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|