Communities Also Named Armena ...
We found two communities that share the name Armena.
Within Alberta, the name Armena is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Lee County
- This Armena is located in Lee County and lies 2,054 miles [3,305.6 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Armena
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Lee County community of Armena.
- Terrell County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Georgia community of Armena [Terrell County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Armena ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cooking Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cooking Lake
- Cooking Lake lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Armena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cooking Lake
- Half Moon Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Lake
- Half Moon Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the north of Armena.
- Half Moon Lake has also been known as:
- Half Moon Estates
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Lake
- Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Armena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hercules
- Hercules lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Armena.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hercules came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hercules
- New Norway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poe
- Poe lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the east of Armena.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poe
- Rolly View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolly View
- Rolly View lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Armena.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rolly View came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolly View
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Armena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
How Far From Armena to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Armena to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Armena and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could walk a straight line from Armena to Edmonton, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,737 miles [2,795.4 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,262 miles [10,077.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,029 miles [11,312.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,110 miles [8,223.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Armena. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Armena) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Armena. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArmenaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Armena. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.1215, Longitude: -112.9487 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Armena could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Armena to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.372 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.209 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.87 degrees.||