Communities Also Named Alix ...
We have found one communities that share the name Alix.
Within Alberta, the name Alix is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Alix in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Franklin County
- This Alix is located in Franklin County and lies 1,509 miles [2,428.5 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alix
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Franklin County community of Alix.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Alix ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Alix
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<3>
- Gull Lake
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Alix
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the northeast of Alix
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- New Norway
- Red Deer
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the east of Alix
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Rosedale Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Alix
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Alix
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Alix. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- George Trenholm Allen (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born on Monday July 27, 1914 and died in Red Deer (Alberta) on Monday March 27, 2000 at the age of 85. He is buried at Alto Reste Cemetery (Alberta).
- Red Deer is located 27 miles [43.5 km] to the west of Alix.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: George Trenholm Allen<4>
- Oscar Ingolfur 'Ossie' Asmundson (Professional hockey)
How Far From Alix to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Alix to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Alix and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 80 miles [128.7 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Alix to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,746 miles [2,809.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,312 miles [10,158.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,079 miles [11,392.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,155 miles [8,296.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Alix: www.villageofalix.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alix) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alix. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlixOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alix. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3987, Longitude: -113.1871 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Alix to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.558 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.359 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.155 degrees.||