Around Washam ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Green River. It is located about 38 miles [61 km] to the northeast of Washam. Green River has a population of 11,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Vernal (UT).
It is located about 40 miles [ km] to the south of Washam and has a population of 10,500 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Washam.<2>
- Dutch John [Daggett County]
- Manila [Daggett County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manila
- Manila [Daggett County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Washam
- Population from the 2020 Census: 335 people
- Former names for Manila:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manila
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manila<3>
- Tridell [Uintah County]
- Vernal [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vernal
- Vernal [Uintah County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the south of Washam
- Population from the 2020 Census: 10,468 people
- Former names for Vernal:
- The Bench
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vernal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vernal<3>
- Whiterocks [Uintah County]
- Burntfork [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burntfork
- Burntfork [Sweetwater County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Washam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burntfork
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Fort Bridger [Uinta County]
- Green River [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green River
- Green River [Sweetwater County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Washam
- Population from the 2020 Census: 11,788 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Green River<3>
- Little America [Sweetwater County]
- Lonetree [Uinta County]
- Lyman [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lyman
- Lyman [Uinta County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Washam
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,083 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lyman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lyman<3>
- McKinnon [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McKinnon
- McKinnon [Sweetwater County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the west of Washam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McKinnon have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McKinnon
- Mountain View [Uinta County]
- Robertson [Uinta County]
For more communities neighboring Washam, please visit our County-by-County Page for Washam.
Sweetwater County ...
Washam is located in Sweetwater County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Sweetwater County: Moffat (CO), Daggett (UT), Summit (UT), Carbon, Fremont, Lincoln, Sublette & Uinta.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Washam ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Washam.
Airports Near Washam ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Washam and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Washam.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Washam. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Washam.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Washam) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Washam. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WashamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Washam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.0166, Longitude: -109.7696 In this case, the coordinates for Washam have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sweetwater, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Washam), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|