Welcome to Manila ...
The town of Manila is located in Daggett County<1> and is the County Seat for Daggett County.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Manila has a population of 312 people<2> (see below for details).
Manila was established in 1898.
In the past, Manila was named Chambers and Lewisallen (and there are additional past names). For more information about the names of Manila, see The Names of Manila on our Genealogy Page.
The community of Manila is 6,360 feet [1,939 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Manila is about 1¼ mile [or ~2 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Manila lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Manila: (435)
The ZIP code for Manila: 84046<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Manila had an population of 312 people. This is an increase of 0.65% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 1.3% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Manila had a population of 310 people (or 29.27% of the total population of Daggett County). This makes Manila the county's most populous community.
The population of Manila represents 0.01% of the population of Utah (which has 2,763,885 people), making it the state's 208th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 310 people, the population of Manila has remained roughly the same as the 2000 Census (which had a count of 308 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Manila.
Communities Also Named Manila ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 12 communities that are also named Manila - they are located in Alabama (2), Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Manila.
Communities near Manila ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Manila.
- Dutch John (17 miles [27.4 km] to the east)
- McKinnon (11 miles [17.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McKinnon
- McKinnon lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the west of Manila and is located in Sweetwater County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McKinnon have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McKinnon
- Greendale (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greendale
- Greendale was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Manila and is located in Daggett County
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Greendale. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Swett Ranch (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swett Ranch
- Swett Ranch was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the southeast of Manila and is located in Daggett County
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Swett Ranch. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Burntfork (15 miles [24.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burntfork
- Burntfork lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the west of Manila and is located in Sweetwater County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burntfork
- Dyer (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dyer
- Dyer was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the southeast of Manila and is located in Uintah County
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Dyer. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Bullionville (21 miles [33.8 km] to the south) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bullionville
- Bullionville was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the south of Manila and is located in Uintah County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bullionville have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Lonetree (23 miles [37 km] to the west)
- Dry Fork (29 miles [46.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dry Fork
- Dry Fork lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<5> to the south of Manila and is located in Uintah County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dry Fork
- Tridell (37 miles [59.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tridell
- Tridell lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<5> to the south of Manila and is located in Uintah County
- Former name for Tridell:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tridell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tridell<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Manila. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Manila.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Manila. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Manila.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Manila. See our Newspapers Page for Manila.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Manila ...
Looking for more information about Manila? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Manila, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Manila.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Manila
Cities, Towns and Villages of Utah
About Daggett County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Manila. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Daggett, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Manila.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Manila - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Manila). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Manila or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Manila) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Manila. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ManilaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Manila. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.9919, Longitude: -109.7181 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|