Welcome to Burntfork ...
Burntfork is located in Sweetwater County<1>.
Burntfork is 7,100 feet [2,164 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Burntfork is about 1¼ mile [or ~2¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Burntfork lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Burntfork: (307)
The ZIP code for Burntfork: 82938<3>
Adding Burntfork to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Burntfork in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Burntfork was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Burntfork on a map titled .
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Burntfork on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Burntfork ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Burntfork.
- Manila [Daggett County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manila
- Manila [Daggett County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Burntfork
- Population from the 2020 Census: 335 people
- Former names for Manila:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manila
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manila<5>
- Lonetree [Uinta County]
- Washam [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Washam
- Washam [Sweetwater County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Burntfork
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Washam have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washam
- Linwood [Daggett County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linwood
- Linwood [Daggett County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Burntfork
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Linwood. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Robertson [Uinta County]
- Mountain View [Uinta County]
- Lyman [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lyman
- Lyman [Uinta County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Burntfork
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,083 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lyman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lyman<5>
- Greendale [Daggett County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greendale
- Greendale [Daggett County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the east of Burntfork
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Greendale. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Swett Ranch [Daggett County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swett Ranch
- Swett Ranch [Daggett County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the east of Burntfork
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Swett Ranch. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Fort Bridger [Uinta County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Burntfork. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Burntfork.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Burntfork. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Burntfork.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Burntfork. See our Newspapers Page for Burntfork.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Burntfork ...
Looking for more information about Burntfork? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Burntfork, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Burntfork.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burntfork. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sweetwater, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Burntfork - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Burntfork). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Burntfork or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Burntfork) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burntfork. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BurntforkOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burntfork. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.0291, Longitude: -110.0045 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|