Welcome to Rudefeha ...
So far, we have found very little information about Rudefeha. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Rudefeha to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Rudefeha, please Contact Us.
Rudefeha would have been located within present day Carbon County<2>.
The location of Rudefeha has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Rudefeha is 9,760 feet [2,975 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Rudefeha is about 1¾ mile [or ~3 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Rudefeha was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Rudefeha once stood is in the (307) area code.
Communities near Rudefeha ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rudefeha.
- Grand Encampment [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Encampment
- Grand Encampment [Carbon County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the east of Rudefeha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grand Encampment came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Encampment
- Encampment [Carbon County]
- Riverside [Carbon County]
- Saratoga [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saratoga
- Saratoga [Carbon County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Rudefeha
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,599 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saratoga
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saratoga<7>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Savery [Carbon County]
- Columbine [Routt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbine
- Columbine [Routt County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the south of Rudefeha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbine
- Dixon [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixon
- Dixon [Carbon County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the southwest of Rudefeha
- Population from the 2020 Census: 94 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dixon<7>
- Hahns Peak [Routt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hahns Peak
- Hahns Peak [Routt County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the south of Rudefeha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hahns Peak
- Slater [Moffat County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Slater
- Slater [Moffat County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Rudefeha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Slater have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Slater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Slater<7>
- Pearl [Jackson County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pearl
- Pearl [Jackson County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Rudefeha
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Rudefeha. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Rudefeha.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Rudefeha. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Rudefeha.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Rudefeha. See our Newspapers Page for Rudefeha.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Wyoming
About Carbon County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Rudefeha, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Carbon, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Rudefeha - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rudefeha) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rudefeha. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.1889, Longitude: -107.0709 In this case, the coordinates for Rudefeha have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|