Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Riview, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Riview and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Riview:
- 41.550797, -109.526248
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Riview
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Riview ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bryan [Sweetwater County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bryan
- Bryan [Sweetwater County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the west of Riview
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bryan have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Green River [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green River
- Green River [Sweetwater County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Riview
- Population from the 2020 Census: 11,788 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Green River<3>
- James Town [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for James Town
- James Town [Sweetwater County] lies less than 2 miles<1> to the northeast of Riview
- Jump to Google Maps centered on James Town
- Little America [Sweetwater County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Peru [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peru
- Peru [Sweetwater County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the west of Riview
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peru have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peru
- Purple Sage [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purple Sage
- Purple Sage [Sweetwater County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of Riview
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purple Sage
- Reliance [Sweetwater County]
- Rock Springs [Sweetwater County]
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Riview. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Curt Gowdy (Sportscaster)
- Sportscaster. He was born in Green River (Wyoming) on Thursday July 31, 1919 and died in Palm Beach (Florida) on Monday February 20, 2006 at the age of 86. He is buried at Mt. Auburn Cemetery (Middlesex County, Massachusetts).
- Green River is located 3 miles [4.8 km] to the southeast of Riview.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Curt Gowdy<4>
How Far From Riview to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Riview to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Riview and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Green River, which is the Seat of Sweetwater County and lies just to the Southeast.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 245 miles [394.3 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Riview to Cheyenne, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,712 miles [2,755.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,891 miles [11,090 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,659 miles [12,326 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,626 miles [9,054.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Riview. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Riview) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Riview. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.5508, Longitude: -109.5262 In this case, the coordinates for Riview have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Riview to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.148 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.467 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.331 degrees.||