Around Oriva ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Gillette. It lies just east of Oriva. Gillette has a population of 32,200 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Wright.
It is located about 39 miles [ km] to the south of Oriva and has a population of 1,800 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Oriva.<2>
- Adon [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adon
- Adon [Campbell County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Oriva
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adon
- Antelope Valley-Crestview [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope Valley-Crestview
- Antelope Valley-Crestview [Campbell County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Oriva
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope Valley-Crestview
- Arvada [Sheridan County]
- Collins Heights [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Collins Heights
- Collins Heights [Campbell County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Oriva
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Collins Heights
- Gillette [Campbell County]
- Leiter [Sheridan County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Moorcroft [Crook County]
- Pleasantdale [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pleasantdale
- Pleasantdale [Campbell County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Oriva
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasantdale
- Recluse [Campbell County]
- Rozet [Campbell County]
- Sleepy Hollow [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sleepy Hollow
- Sleepy Hollow [Campbell County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Oriva
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sleepy Hollow have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sleepy Hollow
- Wright [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wright
- Wright [Campbell County] lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the south of Oriva
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,758 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wright
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wright<3>
For more communities neighboring Oriva, please visit our County-by-County Page for Oriva.
Campbell County ...
Oriva is located in Campbell County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Campbell County: Powder River (MT), Converse, Crook, Johnson, Sheridan & Weston.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Oriva ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Oriva.
Airports Near Oriva ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Oriva and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Oriva.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Campbell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Oriva. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Campbell County: www.ccg.co.campbell.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Oriva.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Oriva) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oriva. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3169, Longitude: -105.6722 In this case, the coordinates for Oriva have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Campbell, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Oriva), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|