Welcome to Elkol ...
Elkol is located in Lincoln County<1>.
The location of Elkol has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Elkol is 6,900 feet [2,103 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Elkol is about 1¼ mile [or ~2¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Elkol lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Elkol: (307)
Communities near Elkol ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Elkol.
- Kemmerer [Lincoln County]
- Diamondville [Lincoln County]
- Opal [Lincoln County]
- Oakley [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakley
- Oakley [Lincoln County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Elkol
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakley
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Frontier [Lincoln County]
- Carter [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carter
- Carter [Uinta County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Elkol
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carter
- Bridger [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridger
- Bridger [Uinta County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the south of Elkol
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bridger have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridger
- Sage Creek Junction [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage Creek Junction
- Sage Creek Junction [Rich County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Elkol
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sage Creek Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Sage Creek [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage Creek
- Sage Creek [Rich County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Elkol
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sage Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Randolph [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Randolph
- Randolph [Rich County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the west of Elkol
- Population from the 2020 Census: 500 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Randolph have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Randolph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Randolph<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Elkol. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Elkol.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Elkol. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Elkol.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Elkol. See our Newspapers Page for Elkol.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Elkol ...
Looking for more information about Elkol? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Elkol, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Elkol.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Wyoming
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elkol. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Elkol - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Elkol) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elkol. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.7238, Longitude: -110.6124 In this case, the coordinates for Elkol have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|