Welcome to Kemmerer ...
The city of Kemmerer is located in Lincoln County<1> and is the County Seat for Lincoln County.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Kemmerer has a population of 2,760 people<2> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Kemmerer.
Kemmerer is 7,210 feet [2,198 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Kemmerer is about 1¼ mile [or ~2¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Kemmerer lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Kemmerer is located in the (307) area code.
The ZIP code for Kemmerer: 83101<4>
Websites for Kemmerer ...
Official Website: www.kemmerer.org/
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Kemmerer had an population of 2,760 people. This is an increase of 3.92% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 4.11% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Kemmerer had a population of 2,656 people (or 14.67% of the total population of Lincoln County). This makes Kemmerer the county's most populous community.
The population of Kemmerer represents 0.47% of the population of Wyoming (which has 563,626 people), making it the state's 23rd most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 2,656 people, the population of Kemmerer has remained roughly the same as the 2000 Census (with a count of 2,651 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Kemmerer.
Adding Kemmerer to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Kemmerer in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Kemmerer was on a map titled Map of the Lincoln Highway (1924).
We also found Kemmerer on a map titled Rand McNally Map of Wyoming (1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Kemmerer on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Kemmerer ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kemmerer.
- Opal [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal [Lincoln County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the east of Kemmerer
- Population from the 2020 Census: 109 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Opal<6>
- Carter [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carter
- Carter [Uinta County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the south of Kemmerer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carter
- Fontenelle [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fontenelle
- Fontenelle [Lincoln County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Kemmerer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fontenelle
- Bridger [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridger
- Bridger [Uinta County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<5> to the south of Kemmerer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bridger have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridger
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cokeville [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cokeville
- Cokeville [Lincoln County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Kemmerer
- Population from the 2020 Census: 558 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cokeville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cokeville<6>
- Taylor [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor [Lincoln County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Kemmerer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
- Sage Creek Junction [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage Creek Junction
- Sage Creek Junction [Rich County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the west of Kemmerer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sage Creek Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Sage Creek [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage Creek
- Sage Creek [Rich County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the west of Kemmerer
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sage Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Granger [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Granger
- Granger [Sweetwater County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<5> to the southeast of Kemmerer
- Population from the 2020 Census: 128 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Granger
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Granger<6>
- Fort Bridger [Uinta County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Kemmerer. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Kemmerer.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Kemmerer. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kemmerer.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Kemmerer. See our Newspapers Page for Kemmerer.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kemmerer ...
Looking for more information about Kemmerer? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Kemmerer, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Kemmerer.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Wyoming
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Kemmerer: www.kemmerer.org/
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Kemmerer.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Kemmerer - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Kemmerer). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Kemmerer or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kemmerer) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kemmerer. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KemmererOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kemmerer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.7933, Longitude: -110.5394 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|