Welcome to Sage Creek ...
So far, we have found very little information about Sage Creek. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Sage Creek to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Sage Creek, please Contact Us.
Sage Creek would have been located within present day Rich County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Sage Creek, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
A typical abbreviation for Sage Creek: Sage Crk. (or less commonly used: Sage Ck. or Sage Cr.)
Time Zone: The area where Sage Creek was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Sage Creek once stood is in the (435) area code.
Communities near Sage Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Sage Creek.
- Garden City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Randolph
- Randolph lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Sage Creek.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 500 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Randolph have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Randolph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Randolph<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodruff
- Woodruff lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Sage Creek.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 210 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woodruff have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodruff
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Woodruff<5>
- Pickelville ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pickelville
- Pickelville was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Sage Creek.
- Argyle ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Argyle
- Argyle was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Sage Creek.
- Round Valley ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Valley
- Round Valley was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Sage Creek.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Round Valley. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden
- Garden lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Sage Creek.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garden have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadowville
- Meadowville lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Sage Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadowville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Sage Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Sage Creek. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Sage Creek.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Sage Creek. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Sage Creek.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Sage Creek. See our Newspapers Page for Sage Creek.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Sage Creek, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Rich, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sage Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sage Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Sage CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sage Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.7678, Longitude: -111.1246 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|