Welcome to Pickelville ...
So far, we have found very little information about Pickelville. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Pickelville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Pickelville, please Contact Us.
Pickelville would have been located within present day Rich County<2>.
Pickelville was established in 1879 and was incorporated in 1935. The community was merged into Garden City. More information can be found in the Details section on the Genealogy Helper Page for Pickelville..
The origin (or the toponymy) of Pickelville: Named after Charles C. Pickel, who supervised the improvements of the town's water supply.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Pickelville is 5,930 feet [1,807 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Pickelville is about 1¼ mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Pickelville was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Pickelville would have been located in the (435) area code.
Communities near Pickelville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Pickelville.
- Laketown [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laketown
- Laketown [Rich County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Pickelville
- Estimated population in 2019: 276 people
- Former name for Laketown:
- Last Chance
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laketown
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Laketown<5>
- Bloomington [Bear Lake County]
- Saint Charles [Bear Lake County]
- Meadowville [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadowville
- Meadowville [Rich County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Pickelville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadowville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Fish Haven [Bear Lake County]
- Round Valley [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Valley
- Round Valley [Rich County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the south of Pickelville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Round Valley. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Brachipad [Cache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brachipad
- Brachipad [Cache County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Pickelville
- Brachipad has also been known as:
- Brachipad Summer Home Area
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brachipad
- Sage Creek Junction [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage Creek Junction
- Sage Creek Junction [Rich County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Pickelville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sage Creek Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Sage Creek [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage Creek
- Sage Creek [Rich County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Pickelville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sage Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Beindneau [Cache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beindneau
- Beindneau [Cache County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Pickelville
- Beindneau has also been known as:
- Beindneau Summer Home Area
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beindneau
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Pickelville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Pickelville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Pickelville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Pickelville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Pickelville. See our Newspapers Page for Pickelville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Utah
About Rich County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Pickelville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Rich, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Pickelville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pickelville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pickelville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pickelville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pickelville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.9127, Longitude: -111.3891
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|