Welcome to Round Valley ...
So far, we have found very little information about Round Valley. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Round Valley to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Round Valley, please Contact Us.
Round Valley would have been located within present day Rich County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Round Valley, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
A typical abbreviation for Round Valley: Round Vly. (or less commonly used: Round Vally. or Round Vlly.)
We don't have a date for the establishment of Round Valley. The community was absorbed by Laketown. More information can be found in the Details section on the Genealogy Helper Page for Round Valley..
Time Zone: The area where Round Valley was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Round Valley still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Round Valley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Round Valley - they are located in Alberta, California (2) and Nebraska.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Round Valley.
Communities near Round Valley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Round Valley.
- Garden City [Rich County]
- Randolph [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Randolph
- Randolph [Rich County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Round Valley
- Population from the 2020 Census: 500 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Randolph have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Randolph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Randolph<5>
- Pickelville [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pickelville
- Pickelville [Rich County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Round Valley
- Garden [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden
- Garden [Rich County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Round Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garden have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Sage Creek Junction [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage Creek Junction
- Sage Creek Junction [Rich County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Round Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sage Creek Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Sage Creek [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage Creek
- Sage Creek [Rich County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Round Valley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sage Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Brachipad [Cache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brachipad
- Brachipad [Cache County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Round Valley
- Brachipad has also been known as:
- Brachipad Summer Home Area
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brachipad
- Argyle [Rich County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Argyle
- Argyle [Rich County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Round Valley
- Fish Haven [Bear Lake County]
- Beindneau [Cache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beindneau
- Beindneau [Cache County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Round Valley
- Beindneau has also been known as:
- Beindneau Summer Home Area
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beindneau
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Round Valley. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Round Valley.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Round Valley. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Round Valley.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Round Valley. See our Newspapers Page for Round Valley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Utah
About Rich County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Round Valley, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Rich, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Round Valley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Round Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Round ValleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Round Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.7985, Longitude: -111.3559 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|