Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Burntfork, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Burntfork and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Burntfork:
- 41.029093, -110.00455
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Burntfork
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Burntfork ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Buckboard Crossing [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buckboard Crossing
- Buckboard Crossing [Sweetwater County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Burntfork
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buckboard Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buckboard Crossing
- Dutch John [Daggett County]
- Dyer [Uintah County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dyer
- Dyer [Uintah County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Burntfork
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Dyer. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Flaming Gorge Lodge [Daggett County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flaming Gorge Lodge
- Flaming Gorge Lodge [Daggett County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Burntfork
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flaming Gorge Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flaming Gorge Lodge
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Little America [Sweetwater County]
- Lonetree [Uinta County]
- Manila [Daggett County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manila
- Manila [Daggett County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Burntfork
- Population from the 2020 Census: 335 people
- Former names for Manila:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manila
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manila<3>
- Mountain View [Uinta County]
How Far From Burntfork to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Burntfork to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Burntfork and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Green River, which is the Seat of Sweetwater County and lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<1> to the northeast. If you could walk a straight line from Burntfork to Green River, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take about three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 270 miles [434.5 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take four to five hours, a buggy would take 11 days and walking would take 16 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,740 miles [2,800.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,935 miles [11,160.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,702 miles [12,395.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,670 miles [9,125 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burntfork. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Burntfork) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burntfork. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BurntforkOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burntfork. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.0291, Longitude: -110.0045 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Burntfork to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.473 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.801 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.654 degrees.||