Welcome to Lummi ...
Lummi is located in Whatcom County<1>.
The pronunciation of Lummi: LUHM-ee<2>
Lummi is near sea level<3>.
Time Zone: Lummi lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Lummi is within the boundaries of the (360) area code.
Communities near Lummi ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lummi.
- Bellingham [Whatcom County]
- White Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Rock
- White Rock lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Lummi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Rock
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for White Rock<5>
- Anacortes [Skagit County]
- Ferndale [Whatcom County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lynden [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lynden
- Lynden [Whatcom County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Lummi
- Population from the 2020 Census: 15,408 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lynden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lynden<5>
- Blaine [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blaine
- Blaine [Whatcom County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Lummi
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,638 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blaine
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blaine<5>
- Everson [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Everson
- Everson [Whatcom County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Lummi
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,888 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Everson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Everson<5>
- Nooksack [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nooksack
- Nooksack [Whatcom County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Lummi
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,659 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nooksack have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nooksack
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Semiahmoo
- Semiahmoo lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Lummi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Semiahmoo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Semiahmoo
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Lummi. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Lummi.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Lummi. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Lummi.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Lummi. See our Newspapers Page for Lummi.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lummi ...
Looking for more information about Lummi? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lummi, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lummi.
Adding Lummi to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Lummi in the GNIS. For more information, see the Referenced GNIS Codes section on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Lummi was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Lummi on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Washington Community
About Whatcom County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lummi. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Whatcom County: www.co.whatcom.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Whatcom, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Lummi. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lummi - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lummi) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lummi. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LummiOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lummi. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.7956, Longitude: -122.6140 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|