Census Data for Moomaw ...
So far, we have found very little information about Moomaw. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Moomaw to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Moomaw, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Moomaw has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Moomaw, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Salem (Salem City)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salem
- Salem lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Moomaw and is located in Salem City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salem have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salem
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Salem<4>
- New Castle (Craig County)
- Roanoke (Roanoke City)
- Troutville (Botetourt County)
- Vinton (Roanoke County)
- Fincastle (Botetourt County)
- Blacksburg (Montgomery County)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blacksburg
- Blacksburg lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Moomaw and is located in Montgomery County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blacksburg have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blacksburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blacksburg<4>
- Boones Mill (Franklin County)
- Christiansburg (Montgomery County)
- Union (Monroe County)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Union
- Union lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Moomaw and is located in Monroe County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union
- Buchanan (Botetourt County)
- Pembroke (Giles County)
- Continue List (947 more) ...
- Radford (Radford City)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Radford
- Radford lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Moomaw and is located in Radford City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Radford have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Radford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Radford<4>
- Rocky Mount (Franklin County)
- Covington (Covington City)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Covington
- Covington lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the north of Moomaw and is located in Covington City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Covington have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Covington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Covington<4>
Roanoke County ...
Moomaw is located in Roanoke County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Roanoke County.
Miscellaneous Information for Moomaw ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Roanoke County or the community of Moomaw:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Moomaw:
- GNIS ID for Moomaw: 1706748
- GNIS ID for Roanoke County: 1480165
- GNIS ID for State of Virginia: 1779803
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Moomaw would have been located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Moomaw.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Moomaw
Find a Community in Virginia
About Roanoke County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Roanoke County: www.roanokecountyva.gov/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Moomaw, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Moomaw) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Moomaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.3746, Longitude: -80.1459 In this case, the coordinates for Moomaw have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Virginia's counties, including Roanoke, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|