Welcome to Woodside ...
So far, we have found very little information about Woodside. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Woodside to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Woodside, please Contact Us.
Woodside would have been located within present day Emery County<2>.
Woodside was established in 1881.
The community of Woodside was previously named Lower Crossing. Going back to its beginning, Woodside was originally named Lower Crossing. For more information about the names of Woodside, see The Names of Woodside on our Genealogy Page.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Woodside is 4,640 feet [1,414 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Woodside is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Woodside was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Woodside once stood is in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Woodside ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 44 communities that are also named Woodside - they are located in Arizona (2), California, Delaware, Idaho (2), Illinois, Kentucky (3), Louisiana (2), Manitoba, Maryland (2), Massachusetts, Michigan (2), Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Brunswick (2), New Jersey, New York (3), North Carolina (2), Nova Scotia (3), Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania (6), Quebec, South Carolina and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Woodside.
Communities near Woodside ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Woodside.
- East Carbon City [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Carbon City
- East Carbon City [Carbon County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Woodside
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,584 people
- Former names for East Carbon City:
- East Carbon City has also been known as:
- East Carbon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Carbon City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for East Carbon City<5>
- Sunnyside [Carbon County]
- Grassy [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grassy
- Grassy [Emery County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Woodside
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grassy. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Cedar [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedar
- Cedar [Emery County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Woodside
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cedar have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Columbia [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbia
- Columbia [Carbon County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Woodside
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbia
- Sphinx [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sphinx
- Sphinx [Emery County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Woodside
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sphinx. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Green River [Emery County]
- Victor [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Victor
- Victor [Emery County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Woodside
- Elgin [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elgin
- Elgin [Grand County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Woodside
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elgin
- Desert Lake [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desert Lake
- Desert Lake [Emery County] was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the west of Woodside
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Desert Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Woodside. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Woodside.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Woodside. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Woodside.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Woodside. See our Newspapers Page for Woodside.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Utah
About Emery County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Emery County: www.co.emery.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Woodside, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Emery, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Woodside - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Woodside) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Woodside. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Woodside
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Woodside. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.2654, Longitude: -110.3487
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|