Welcome to Paragonah Fort ...
So far, we have found very little information about Paragonah Fort. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Paragonah Fort to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Paragonah Fort, please Contact Us.
Paragonah Fort would have been located within present day Iron County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Paragonah Fort, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Paragonah Fort was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Paragonah Fort still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities near Paragonah Fort ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Paragonah Fort.
- Enoch [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enoch
- Enoch [Iron County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Paragonah Fort
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,585 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enoch
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Enoch<5>
- Parowan [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parowan
- Parowan [Iron County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Paragonah Fort
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,223 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parowan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Parowan<5>
- Panguitch [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Panguitch
- Panguitch [Garfield County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Paragonah Fort
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,685 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Panguitch
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Panguitch<5>
- Brian Head [Iron County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Parowan Adobe Fort [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parowan Adobe Fort
- Parowan Adobe Fort [Iron County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Paragonah Fort
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Parowan Adobe Fort. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Buckhorn Springs [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buckhorn Springs
- Buckhorn Springs [Iron County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the north of Paragonah Fort
- Summit [Iron County]
- Panguitch Lake Resort [Garfield County]
- Fort Johnson [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Johnson
- Fort Johnson [Iron County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Paragonah Fort
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Johnson have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Johnson's Fort [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnson's Fort
- Johnson's Fort [Iron County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Paragonah Fort
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Johnson's Fort. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Johnson's Fort has also been known as:
- Johnson Springs
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Paragonah Fort. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Paragonah Fort.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Paragonah Fort. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Paragonah Fort.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Paragonah Fort. See our Newspapers Page for Paragonah Fort.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Utah
About Iron County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Iron County: www.ironnet.org/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Paragonah Fort, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Iron, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Paragonah Fort) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Paragonah Fort. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Paragonah FortOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Paragonah Fort. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.8868, Longitude: -112.7752 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|