Welcome to Brian Head ...
The town of Brian Head is located in Iron County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Brian Head has a population of 93 people<2> (see below for details).
Brian Head is 9,730 feet [2,966 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Brian Head is about 1¾ mile [or ~3 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Brian Head lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel south from Brian Head (for example, toward Colorado City (AZ)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Brian Head is located in the (435) area code.
The ZIP code for Brian Head: 84719<4>
Websites for Brian Head ...
Official Website: brianheadtown.utah.gov/
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Brian Head had an population of 93 people. This is an increase of 12.05% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 21.19% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Brian Head had a population of 83 people. This makes Brian Head the county's 6th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 83 people, the population of Brian Head decreased 29.66% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 118 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Brian Head.
Communities near Brian Head ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brian Head.
- Cedar City [Iron County]
- Enoch [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enoch
- Enoch [Iron County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Brian Head
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,180 people
- Former name for Enoch:
- Johnson Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enoch
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Enoch<6>
- Parowan [Iron County]
- Paragonah [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paragonah
- Paragonah [Iron County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the north of Brian Head
- Estimated population in 2019: 545 people
- Former names for Paragonah:
- Red Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paragonah
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paragonah<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cedar Highlands [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedar Highlands
- Cedar Highlands [Iron County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the west of Brian Head
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cedar Highlands
- Summit [Iron County]
- Parowan Adobe Fort [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parowan Adobe Fort
- Parowan Adobe Fort [Iron County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Brian Head
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Parowan Adobe Fort. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Fort Johnson [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Johnson
- Fort Johnson [Iron County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Brian Head
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Johnson have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Johnson's Fort [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnson's Fort
- Johnson's Fort [Iron County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Brian Head
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Johnson's Fort. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Johnson's Fort has also been known as:
- Johnson Springs
- Panguitch Lake Resort [Garfield County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Brian Head. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Brian Head.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Brian Head. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Brian Head.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Brian Head. See our Newspapers Page for Brian Head.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brian Head ...
Looking for more information about Brian Head? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Brian Head, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Brian Head.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Utah
About Iron County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Brian Head: brianheadtown.utah.gov/
The official website for Iron County: www.ironnet.org/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Iron, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Brian Head.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Brian Head - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Brian Head). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Brian Head or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Brian Head) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brian Head. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Brian Head
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brian Head. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.6981, Longitude: -112.8451
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|