Welcome to Panguitch ...
The city of Panguitch is located in Garfield County<1> and is the County Seat for Garfield County.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Panguitch has a population of 1,682 people<2> (see below for details).
Panguitch was established in 1864.
The community of Panguitch is 6,630 feet [2,021 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Panguitch is 1¼ mile [or ~2 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Panguitch lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel south from Panguitch, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
The telephone area code for Panguitch: (435)
The ZIP code for Panguitch: 84759<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Panguitch had an population of 1,682 people. This is an increase of 10.66% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 3.64% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Panguitch had a population of 1,520 people (or 29.39% of the total population of Garfield County). This makes Panguitch the county's most populous community.
The population of Panguitch represents 0.05% of the total population of Utah (which has 2,763,885 people), making it the state's 123rd most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 1,520 people, the population of Panguitch decreased 6.35% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 1,623 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Panguitch.
Communities near Panguitch ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Panguitch.
- Paragonah [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paragonah
- Paragonah [Iron County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the west of Panguitch
- Estimated population in 2019: 545 people
- Former names for Paragonah:
- Red Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paragonah
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paragonah<6>
- Bryce Canyon City [Garfield County]
- Hatch [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hatch
- Hatch [Garfield County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the south of Panguitch
- Estimated population in 2019: 142 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hatch have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hatch
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hatch<6>
- Hillsdale [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillsdale
- Hillsdale [Garfield County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the south of Panguitch
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillsdale have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillsdale
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bear Valley Junction [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Valley Junction
- Bear Valley Junction [Garfield County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Panguitch
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Valley Junction
- Panguitch Lake Resort [Garfield County]
- Asay [Garfield County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Asay
- Asay [Garfield County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the south of Panguitch
- Asay has also been known as:
- Asay Town
- Bryce Canyon [Garfield County]
- Paragonah Fort [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paragonah Fort
- Paragonah Fort [Iron County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the west of Panguitch
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Paragonah Fort. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Bone Valley [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bone Valley
- Bone Valley [Garfield County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the north of Panguitch
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bone Valley
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Panguitch. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Panguitch.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Panguitch. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Panguitch.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Panguitch. See our Newspapers Page for Panguitch.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Panguitch ...
Looking for more information about Panguitch? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Panguitch, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Panguitch.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Utah Community
About Garfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Panguitch. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Garfield, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Panguitch.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Panguitch - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Panguitch). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Panguitch or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Panguitch) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Panguitch. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Panguitch
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Panguitch. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.8244, Longitude: -112.4338
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|