Welcome to Ignatio ...
So far, we have found very little information about Ignatio. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Ignatio to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ignatio, please Contact Us.
Ignatio would have been located within present day Uintah County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Ignatio, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
The community of Ignatio has also been called Ignacio. and White River Station. For more information about the names of Ignatio, see The Names of Ignatio on our Genealogy Page.
Time Zone: The area where Ignatio was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Ignatio once stood is in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Ignatio ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Ignatio - it's located in Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ignatio.
Communities near Ignatio ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ignatio.
- Watson [Uintah County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watson
- Watson [Uintah County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Ignatio
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Watson have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Rainbow [Uintah County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rainbow
- Rainbow [Uintah County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Ignatio
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rainbow have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Dragon [Uintah County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dragon
- Dragon [Uintah County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Ignatio
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dragon have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Former name for Dragon:
- Dragon Junction
- Dinosaur [Moffat County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Rangely [Rio Blanco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rangely
- Rangely [Rio Blanco County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of Ignatio
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,263 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rangely have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rangely
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rangely<6>
- Fort Robidoux [Uintah County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Robidoux
- Fort Robidoux [Uintah County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Ignatio
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Fort Robidoux. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Fort Robidoux has also been known as:
- Antoine Robidoux's Fort
- Fort Kit Carson
- William Reed's Post
- Ouray [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ouray
- Ouray [Uintah County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the west of Ignatio
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ouray
- Jensen [Uintah County]
- Naples [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Naples
- Naples [Uintah County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Ignatio
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,082 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Naples
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Naples<6>
- Randlett [Uintah County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Ignatio. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Ignatio.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Ignatio. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ignatio.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Ignatio. See our Newspapers Page for Ignatio.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Utah
About Uintah County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Uintah County: www.co.uintah.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Ignatio, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Uintah, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ignatio) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ignatio. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.9784, Longitude: -109.1793
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|