Welcome to Hatton ...
So far, we have found very little information about Hatton. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Hatton to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hatton, please Contact Us.
Hatton would have been located within present day Millard County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Hatton, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
We don't have a date for the establishment of Hatton.
The community of Hatton was previously named Petersburg. Going back to its beginning, Hatton was originally named Corn Creek. For more information about the names of Hatton, see The Names of Hatton on our Genealogy Page.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Hatton is 4,820 feet [1,469 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Hatton is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Hatton was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Hatton still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Hatton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 18 communities that are also named Hatton - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Saskatchewan, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hatton.
Communities near Hatton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hatton.
- Fillmore [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fillmore
- Fillmore [Millard County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Hatton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,694 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fillmore
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fillmore<6>
- Elsinore [Sevier County]
- Joseph [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Joseph
- Joseph [Sevier County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the southeast of Hatton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 360 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Joseph have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Joseph
- Meadow [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadow
- Meadow [Millard County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Hatton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 331 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadow
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cove Fort [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cove Fort
- Cove Fort [Millard County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the south of Hatton
- Cove Fort has also been known as:
- Charles Willden's Fort
- Borden [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Borden
- Borden [Millard County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the northwest of Hatton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Borden have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Borden
- Holden [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holden
- Holden [Millard County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the northeast of Hatton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 399 people
- Former names for Holden:
- Cedar Springs
- Fort Buttermilk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Holden<6>
- Richfield [Sevier County]
- Sevier [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sevier
- Sevier [Sevier County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the southeast of Hatton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sevier have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sevier
- Sulphurdale [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sulphurdale
- Sulphurdale [Beaver County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the south of Hatton
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Hatton. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Hatton.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Hatton. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Hatton.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Hatton. See our Newspapers Page for Hatton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Utah
About Millard County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Hatton, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Millard, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hatton - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hatton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hatton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HattonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hatton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.8398, Longitude: -112.4577 In this case, the coordinates for Hatton have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|