Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Caineville, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Caineville and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Caineville:
- 38.333864, -111.017836
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Caineville
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Caineville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Boulder [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boulder
- Boulder [Garfield County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Caineville
- Estimated population in 2019: 241 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boulder
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Boulder<2>
- Eagle City [Garfield County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle City
- Eagle City [Garfield County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Caineville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Eagle City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Grover [Wayne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grover
- Grover [Wayne County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Caineville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grover
- Hanksville [Wayne County]
- Lone Tree Crossing [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Tree Crossing
- Lone Tree Crossing [Emery County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the north of Caineville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Tree Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Tree Crossing
- Temple Mountain [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Temple Mountain
- Temple Mountain [Emery County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Caineville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Temple Mountain. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
How Far From Caineville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Caineville to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Caineville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Loa, which is the Seat of Wayne County and lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the west. If you could walk a straight line from Caineville to Loa, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 174 miles [280 km] to the north northwest (NNW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about three hours, a buggy would take 7 days and walking would take 10 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,823 miles [2,933.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,123 miles [11,463.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,890 miles [12,697.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,849 miles [9,413.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Utah
About Wayne County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Caineville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Caineville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Caineville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Caineville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Caineville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.3339, Longitude: -111.0178
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Caineville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.987 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.163 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.427 degrees.||