Welcome to Temple Mountain ...
So far, we have found very little information about Temple Mountain. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Temple Mountain to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Temple Mountain, please Contact Us.
Temple Mountain would have been located within present day Emery County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Temple Mountain, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
A typical abbreviation for Temple Mountain: Temple Mtn. (or less commonly used: Temple Mntn.)
Time Zone: The area where Temple Mountain was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Temple Mountain once stood is in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Temple Mountain ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Temple Mountain - it's located in Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Temple Mountain.
Communities near Temple Mountain ...
We have created a list of 8 communities that are near Temple Mountain.
- Copper Globe [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Globe
- Copper Globe [Emery County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Temple Mountain
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Copper Globe. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Hanksville [Wayne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanksville
- Hanksville [Wayne County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Temple Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 223 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanksville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hanksville<5>
- Giles [Wayne County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Giles
- Giles [Wayne County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Temple Mountain
- Caineville [Wayne County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Emery [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Emery
- Emery [Emery County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Temple Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 272 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Emery
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Emery<5>
- Green River [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green River
- Green River [Emery County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Temple Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 957 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Green River<5>
- Ferron [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferron
- Ferron [Emery County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Temple Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,507 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferron
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ferron<5>
- Clawson [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clawson
- Clawson [Emery County] lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Temple Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 190 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clawson have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clawson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Clawson<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Temple Mountain. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Temple Mountain.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Temple Mountain. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Temple Mountain.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Temple Mountain. See our Newspapers Page for Temple Mountain.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Utah
About Emery County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Emery County: www.co.emery.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Temple Mountain, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Emery, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Temple Mountain) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Temple Mountain. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Temple MountainOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Temple Mountain. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.6679, Longitude: -110.6849 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|