Welcome to Caineville ...
Caineville is located in Wayne County<1> (at the time of its founding, Caineville was located in Piute County).
Caineville is 4,590 feet [1,399 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Caineville is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Caineville lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The area code for Caineville: (435)
The ZIP code for Caineville: 84775<3>
Adding Caineville to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
We originally found mention of Caineville in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, we also found mention of Caineville elsewhere: The earliest book where we found it mentioned was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Caineville on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Caineville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Caineville.
- Hanksville [Wayne County]
- Aldridge [Wayne County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aldridge
- Aldridge [Wayne County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Caineville
- Notom [Wayne County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Notom
- Notom [Wayne County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Caineville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Notom have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Giles [Wayne County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Giles
- Giles [Wayne County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the east of Caineville
- Former name for Giles:
- Blue Valley
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Fruita [Wayne County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fruita
- Fruita [Wayne County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Caineville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fruita have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Grover [Wayne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grover
- Grover [Wayne County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Caineville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grover
- Torrey [Wayne County]
- Eagle City [Garfield County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle City
- Eagle City [Garfield County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southeast of Caineville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Eagle City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Teasdale [Wayne County]
- Bicknell [Wayne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bicknell
- Bicknell [Wayne County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the west of Caineville
- Estimated population in 2019: 336 people
- Former name for Bicknell:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bicknell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bicknell<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Caineville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Caineville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Caineville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Caineville.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Caineville ...
Looking for more information about Caineville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Caineville, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Caineville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Utah
About Wayne County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Caineville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Wayne, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Caineville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Caineville). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Caineville or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Caineville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Caineville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Caineville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Caineville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.3339, Longitude: -111.0178
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|