Welcome to Aldridge ...
So far, we have found very little information about Aldridge. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Aldridge to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Aldridge, please Contact Us.
Aldridge would have been located within present day Wayne County<2>.
Aldridge was settled in 1882.
Time Zone: The area where Aldridge was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Aldridge still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Aldridge ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Aldridge - they are located in Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Mississippi, Montana, Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Aldridge.
Communities near Aldridge ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aldridge.
- Torrey [Wayne County]
- Caineville [Wayne County]
- Fruita [Wayne County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fruita
- Fruita [Wayne County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Aldridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fruita have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Giles [Wayne County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Giles
- Giles [Wayne County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Aldridge
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Grover [Wayne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grover
- Grover [Wayne County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the west of Aldridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grover
- Teasdale [Wayne County]
- Hanksville [Wayne County]
- Eagle City [Garfield County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle City
- Eagle City [Garfield County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southeast of Aldridge
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Eagle City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Bicknell [Wayne County]
- Lyman [Wayne County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Aldridge. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Aldridge.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Aldridge. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Aldridge.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Utah
About Wayne County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Aldridge, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Wayne, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aldridge) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aldridge. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AldridgeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aldridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.2758, Longitude: -111.0907 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|