Welcome to Adairville ...
So far, we have found very little information about Adairville. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Adairville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Adairville, please Contact Us.
Adairville would have been located within present day Kane County<2>.
Adairville was settled in 1873.
The origin (or the toponymy) of Adairville: Named for the Thomas Adair family.
Time Zone: The area where Adairville was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Adairville and travel south, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
If Adairville still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Adairville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Adairville - it's located in Kentucky.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Adairville.
Communities near Adairville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Adairville.
- Big Water [Kane County]
- Shirts Fort [Kane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shirts Fort
- Shirts Fort [Kane County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Adairville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Shirts Fort. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Paria [Kane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paria
- Paria [Kane County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the north of Adairville
- Lee's Ferry [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lee's Ferry
- Lee's Ferry [Coconino County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Adairville
- Lee's Ferry has also been known as:
- Little Colorado Station
- Saint's Ferry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lee's Ferry
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Marble Canyon [Coconino County]
- Clarkdale [Kane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarkdale
- Clarkdale [Kane County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the northwest of Adairville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Clarkdale. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Clarkdale has also been known as:
- Skoots Pah
- Johnson [Kane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnson
- Johnson [Kane County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the west of Adairville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Johnson. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Page [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Page
- Page [Coconino County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Adairville
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,529 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Page
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Page<4>
- Georgetown [Kane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgetown
- Georgetown [Kane County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the north of Adairville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Georgetown have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Henrieville [Garfield County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Adairville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Adairville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Adairville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Adairville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Adairville. See our Newspapers Page for Adairville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Utah
About Kane County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Adairville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Kane, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Adairville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Adairville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AdairvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adairville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.1167, Longitude: -111.9152 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|