Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Adairville, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Adairville and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Adairville:
- 37.116672, -111.915194
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Adairville
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Kane County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Kane County
- Since Adairville is near Coconino County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Coconino County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Adairville ...
We have found one communities that share the name Adairville.
Within Utah, the name Adairville is unique.
Beyond Utah, there is another community also named Adairville in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Logan County
- This Adairville is located in Logan County and lies 1,380 miles [2,220.9 km]<1> to the east of the Adairville that is located in Kane County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adairville
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Logan County community of Adairville.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Adairville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Water [Kane County]
- Cannonville [Garfield County]
- Chair Crossing [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chair Crossing
- Chair Crossing [Coconino County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Adairville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chair Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chair Crossing
- Georgetown [Kane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgetown
- Georgetown [Kane County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the north of Adairville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Georgetown have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jacob Lake [Coconino County]
- Lee's Ferry [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lee's Ferry
- Lee's Ferry [Coconino County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Adairville
- Lee's Ferry has also been known as:
- Little Colorado Station
- Saint's Ferry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lee's Ferry
- Marble Canyon [Coconino County]
- Page [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Page
- Page [Coconino County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Adairville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,516 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Page
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Page<2>
- Rockhouse [Kane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockhouse
- Rockhouse [Kane County] was located 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the north of Adairville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Rockhouse. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
How Far From Adairville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Adairville to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<5> community of Adairville once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Adairville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Kanab, which is the Seat of Kane County and lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the west. If you could walk a straight line from Adairville to Kanab, with an average speed<6> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 251 miles [403.9 km] to the north (N). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take nearly four hours, a buggy would take 10 days and walking would take 15 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,890 miles [3,041.7 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 74 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,221 miles [11,621.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,988 miles [12,855.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,945 miles [9,567.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Utah
About Kane County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Adairville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Adairville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AdairvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adairville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.1167, Longitude: -111.9152 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Adairville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Adairville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.546 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.72 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.992 degrees.||