Welcome to Humboldt ...
The city of Humboldt is 1,850 feet [564 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Humboldt lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Humboldt: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Humboldt: S0K<3>
Websites for Humboldt ...
Official Website: www.humboldtsk.com/
Communities Also Named Humboldt ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 20 communities that are also named Humboldt - they are located in Arizona, California, Illinois (2), Iowa, Kansas (2), Michigan, Minnesota (2), Missouri (2), Nebraska, Nevada (2), Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Humboldt.
Communities near Humboldt ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Humboldt.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruno
- Bruno lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Humboldt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bruno came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruno
- Lake Lenore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake Lenore
- Lake Lenore lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Humboldt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Lenore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Englefeld
- Englefeld lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Humboldt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Englefeld came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Englefeld
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Annaheim
- Annaheim lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Humboldt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Annaheim came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Annaheim
- Saint Gregor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pilger
- Pilger lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Humboldt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pilger
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixon
- Dixon lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Humboldt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixon
- Burton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burton Lake
- Burton Lake lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Humboldt
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Burton Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carmel
- Carmel lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Humboldt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carmel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carmel
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Humboldt ...
Looking for more information about Humboldt? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Humboldt, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Humboldt.
Adding Humboldt to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Humboldt was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Humboldt on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Humboldt: www.humboldtsk.com/
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Humboldt - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Humboldt, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Humboldt). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Humboldt or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Humboldt) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Humboldt. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HumboldtOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Humboldt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2020, Longitude: -105.1229 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|