Welcome to Carmel ...
When the people of Carmel refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Carmelite<1>
Time Zone: Carmel lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Carmel: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Carmel: S0K<3>
Communities Also Named Carmel ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 26 communities that are also named Carmel - they are located in Arkansas (2), Georgia, Indiana (2), Iowa, Kansas (3), Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina (2), Ohio, Ontario (3), Quebec, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Carmel.
Communities near Carmel ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Carmel.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruno
- Bruno lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Carmel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bruno came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruno
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guernsey
- Guernsey lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Carmel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guernsey came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guernsey
- Saint Gregor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plunkett
- Plunkett lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Carmel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plunkett came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plunkett
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burr
- Burr lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Carmel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burr came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burr
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixon
- Dixon lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Carmel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixon
- Burton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burton Lake
- Burton Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Carmel
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Burton Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burton Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Carmel ...
Looking for more information about Carmel? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Carmel, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Carmel.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carmel. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Carmel refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Carmel may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Carmel, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Carmel). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Carmel or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carmel) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carmel. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarmelOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carmel. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1001, Longitude: -105.2172 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|