Welcome to Dixon ...
Time Zone: Dixon lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Dixon: (306) and (639)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Dixon: S0K<2>
Communities Also Named Dixon ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 38 communities that are also named Dixon - they are located in California, Colorado (2), Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa, Kansas (4), Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi (2), Missouri, Montana (2), Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina (2), Ohio (2), Oklahoma, Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dixon.
Communities near Dixon ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dixon.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruno
- Bruno lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the west of Dixon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bruno came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruno
- Lake Lenore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake Lenore
- Lake Lenore lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Dixon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Lenore
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Middle Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Middle Lake
- Middle Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the north of Dixon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Middle Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Annaheim
- Annaheim lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northeast of Dixon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Annaheim came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Annaheim
- Saint Gregor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pilger
- Pilger lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the north of Dixon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pilger
- Burton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burton Lake
- Burton Lake lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Dixon
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Burton Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carmel
- Carmel lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Dixon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carmel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carmel
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dixon ...
Looking for more information about Dixon? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dixon, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dixon.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dixon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Dixon, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Dixon). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Dixon or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dixon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dixon. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DixonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dixon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2020, Longitude: -105.2180 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|