Welcome to Guernsey ...
Time Zone: Guernsey lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Guernsey: (306) & (639)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Guernsey: S0K<2>
Communities Also Named Guernsey ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Guernsey - they are located in Arkansas, California, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Guernsey.
Communities near Guernsey ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Guernsey.
- Manitou Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manitou Beach
- Manitou Beach lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Guernsey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Manitou Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manitou Beach
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manitou Beach<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drake
- Drake lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Guernsey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plunkett
- Plunkett lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the west of Guernsey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plunkett came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plunkett
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lockwood
- Lockwood lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Guernsey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lockwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burr
- Burr lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Guernsey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burr came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burr
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carmel
- Carmel lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the north of Guernsey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carmel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carmel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Esk
- Esk lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Guernsey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Esk
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Venn
- Venn lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Guernsey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Venn
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Guernsey ...
Looking for more information about Guernsey? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Guernsey, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Guernsey.
Adding Guernsey to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Guernsey was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Guernsey on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Guernsey. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Guernsey). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Guernsey or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Guernsey) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Guernsey. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GuernseyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Guernsey. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.8707, Longitude: -105.1878 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|