Welcome to Watrous ...
The town of Watrous is 1,770 feet [539 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Watrous lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Watrous: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Watrous: S0K<3>
Websites for Watrous ...
Official Website: www.watrous-sask.com/
Adding Watrous to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Watrous was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Watrous on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Watrous ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Watrous - they are located in Florida, Michigan, New Mexico, North Dakota and Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Watrous.
Communities near Watrous ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Watrous.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Young
- Young lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Watrous
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Young
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drake
- Drake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Watrous
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Simpson
- Simpson lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Watrous
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Simpson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guernsey
- Guernsey lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Watrous
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guernsey came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guernsey
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plunkett
- Plunkett lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Watrous
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plunkett came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plunkett
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lockwood
- Lockwood lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Watrous
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lockwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Venn
- Venn lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Watrous
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Venn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viscount
- Viscount lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Watrous
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viscount
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watertown
- Watertown lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the south of Watrous
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watertown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Imperial
- Imperial lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Watrous
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Imperial
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Watrous ...
Looking for more information about Watrous? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Watrous, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Watrous.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Watrous: www.watrous-sask.com/
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Watrous - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Watrous). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Watrous or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Watrous) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Watrous. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WatrousOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Watrous. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6755, Longitude: -105.4658 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|