Welcome to Young ...
The village of Young is 1,700 feet [518 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Young lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Young: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Young: S0K<3>
Adding Young to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Young was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Young on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Young ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 15 communities that are also named Young - they are located in Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana (3), Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee (2), Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Young.
Communities near Young ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Young.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allan
- Allan lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Young
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Allan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allan
- Manitou Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manitou Beach
- Manitou Beach lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Young
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Manitou Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manitou Beach
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manitou Beach<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viscount
- Viscount lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viscount
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plunkett
- Plunkett lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Young
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plunkett came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plunkett
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zelma
- Zelma lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zelma
- Allan Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allan Hills
- Allan Hills lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allan Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elstow
- Elstow lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Young
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elstow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elstow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Venn
- Venn lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Venn
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Young ...
Looking for more information about Young? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Young, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Young.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Young. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Young - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Young). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Young or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Young) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Young. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from YoungOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Young. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.7671, Longitude: -105.7449 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|