Communities Also Named Hawarden ...
We have found one communities that share the name Hawarden.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Hawarden is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Hawarden in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Sioux County
- This Hawarden is located in Sioux County and lies 748 miles [1,203.8 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hawarden
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Sioux County community of Hawarden.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Hawarden ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Creek
- Beaver Creek lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the north of Hawarden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquest
- Conquest lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the west of Hawarden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conquest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cutbank
- Cutbank lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Hawarden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cutbank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutbank
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grainland
- Grainland lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Hawarden
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grainland. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grainland
- Lucky Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shields
- Shields lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the north of Hawarden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shields
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Hawarden. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Robert John 'Bobby' Benson (Professional Hockey)
How Far From Hawarden to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Hawarden to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hawarden and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 109 miles [175.4 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Hawarden to Regina, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,462 miles [2,352.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 83 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,234 miles [10,032.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,003 miles [11,270.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,022 miles [8,082.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hawarden. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hawarden) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hawarden. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HawardenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hawarden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4167, Longitude: -106.6000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hawarden to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.312 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.317 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.055 degrees.||