Welcome to Elbow ...
The village of Elbow is 1,630 feet [497 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Elbow lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Elbow: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Elbow: S0H<3>
Communities Also Named Elbow ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Elbow - they are located in Illinois, Maryland, Nevada, New York (2), Texas and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Elbow.
Communities near Elbow ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Elbow.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Loreburn
- Loreburn lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Elbow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loreburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mistusinne
- Mistusinne lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Elbow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mistusinne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birsay
- Birsay lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Elbow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birsay
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strongfield
- Strongfield lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Elbow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Strongfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strongfield
- Coteau Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coteau Beach
- Coteau Beach lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the west of Elbow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coteau Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grainland
- Grainland lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Elbow
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Grainland. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grainland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hawarden
- Hawarden lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of Elbow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hawarden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hawarden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hawarden<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tugaske
- Tugaske lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Elbow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tugaske
- Central Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Central Butte
- Central Butte lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Elbow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central Butte
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Elbow ...
Looking for more information about Elbow? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Elbow, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Elbow.
Adding Elbow to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Elbow was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Elbow on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elbow. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Elbow - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Elbow). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Elbow or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Elbow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Elbow. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ElbowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elbow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1202, Longitude: -106.5968 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|