Communities Also Named Hagen ...
We have found two communities that share the name Hagen.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Hagen is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Columbia County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Florida community of Hagen [Columbia County].
- Natchitoches Parish
- This community is historic<2> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Louisiana community of Hagen [Natchitoches Parish].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Hagen ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Birch Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Hills
- Birch Hills lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Hagen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carpenter
- Carpenter lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Hagen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carpenter
- Crystal Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal Springs
- Crystal Springs lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Hagen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crystal Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal Springs
- Duck Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duck Lake
- Duck Lake lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the west of Hagen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duck Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duck Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Duck Lake<5>
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Prince Albert
- Red Deer Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Deer Hill
- Red Deer Hill lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Hagen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Deer Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Deer Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waitville
- Waitville lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Hagen
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Waitville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waitville
- Yellow Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yellow Creek
- Yellow Creek lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Hagen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yellow Creek
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Hagen. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Earl John 'Tommy' Thomson (Olympic Gold Medalist)
How Far From Hagen to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Hagen to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hagen and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 176 miles [283.2 km]<3> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Hagen to Regina, with an average speed<8>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,431 miles [2,303 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 56 days and walking would take 82 days.
- The shortest distance<9> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,122 miles [9,852.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<10>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,891 miles [11,090 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<11>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,916 miles [7,911.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<12>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hagen. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hagen could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Hagen, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hagen) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hagen. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HagenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hagen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9384, Longitude: -105.5595 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<8>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<9>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hagen to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.487 degrees.|
|<11>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.545 degrees.|
|<12>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.043 degrees.||