Welcome to Waitville ...
Although we found mention of Waitville during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Waitville was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Waitville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Waitville, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Waitville, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Waitville is 1,710 feet [521 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Waitville might be (or was) located is in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
We believe that Waitville would be found within the (306) & (639)<4> area codes.
Communities near Waitville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Waitville.
- Birch Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Hills
- Birch Hills lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the north of Waitville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Hills
- Muskoday First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Muskoday First Nation
- Muskoday First Nation lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the north of Waitville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Muskoday First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Muskoday First Nation
- Saint Louis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Louis
- Saint Louis lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the west of Waitville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Louis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Louis
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weldon
- Weldon lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Waitville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weldon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weldon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Domremy
- Domremy lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the southwest of Waitville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Domremy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Domremy
- Yellow Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yellow Creek
- Yellow Creek lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southeast of Waitville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yellow Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoey
- Hoey lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the west of Waitville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoey
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hagen
- Hagen lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Waitville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hagen
- Crystal Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal Springs
- Crystal Springs lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the south of Waitville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crystal Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal Springs
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Waitville ...
Looking for more information about Waitville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Waitville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Waitville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Waitville and then turned west". While Waitville could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Waitville as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Waitville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Waitville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Waitville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Waitville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WaitvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Waitville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8711, Longitude: -105.4020 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|