Communities Also Named Fife Lake ...
We found two communities that share the name Fife Lake.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Fife Lake is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Grand Traverse County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Michigan community of Fife Lake [Grand Traverse County].
- Kalkaska County
- This Fife Lake is located in Kalkaska County and lies 1,009 miles [1,623.8 km]<2> to the east.
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Fife Lake
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Kalkaska County community of Fife Lake.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Fife Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Beaver
(25 miles [40.2 km] to the east)
(3 miles [4.8 km] to the west)
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harptree came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harptree
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Harptree
(5 miles [8 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hart came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hart
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Hart
- Julian ‑ Historic
(24 miles [38.6 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Julian have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Julian
- Julian is located in Daniels County (MT)
(9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
- Scout Lake
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
- Twin Valley
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the northwest)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Twin Valley. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Valley
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Twin Valley
(24 miles [38.6 km] to the northeast)
- Willow Bunch
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
How Far From Fife Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Fife Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Fife Lake and extending to:
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 99 miles [159.3 km]<2> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Fife Lake to Regina, with an average speed<7>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,420 miles [2,285.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 56 days and walking would take 81 days.
- The shortest distance<8> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,344 miles [10,209.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,113 miles [11,447.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<10>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,108 miles [8,220.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<11>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fife Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Fife Lake could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fife Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fife Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fife LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fife Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1947, Longitude: -105.7291 |
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<8>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Fife Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.61 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.288 degrees.|
|<11>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.959 degrees.||