Welcome to Eston ...
The town of Eston is 2,220 feet [677 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Eston is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Eston lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Eston (for example, toward Empress (AB)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Eston: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Eston: S0L<3>
Communities near Eston ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Eston.
- Snipe Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Snipe Lake
- Snipe Lake lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Eston
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snipe Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richlea
- Richlea lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Eston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richlea came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richlea
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Madison
- Madison lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Eston
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madison
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plato
- Plato lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Eston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plato came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plato
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bickleigh
- Bickleigh lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Eston
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bickleigh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tyner
- Tyner lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Eston
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tyner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glidden
- Glidden lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Eston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glidden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glidden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Netherhill
- Netherhill lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Eston
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Netherhill
- D'Arcy Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for D'Arcy Station
- D'Arcy Station lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the north of Eston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for D'Arcy Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on D'Arcy Station
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Eston ...
Looking for more information about Eston? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Eston, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Eston.
Adding Eston to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Eston was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Eston on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Eston. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Eston - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Eston). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Eston or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Eston) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Eston. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EstonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eston. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1511, Longitude: -108.7524 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|