Welcome to D'Arcy Station ...
Although we found mention of D'Arcy Station during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how D'Arcy Station was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added D'Arcy Station to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with D'Arcy Station, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for D'Arcy Station: D'Arcy Sta. (in Canada, 'Stn.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that D'Arcy Station might be (or was) located is in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
We believe that D'Arcy Station would be found within the (306) and (639)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for D'Arcy Station: S0L<3>
Communities near D'Arcy Station ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near D'Arcy Station.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fiske
- Fiske lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of D'Arcy Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fiske came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fiske
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Herschel
- Herschel lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of D'Arcy Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Herschel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Herschel
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Herschel<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Netherhill
- Netherhill lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of D'Arcy Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Netherhill
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richlea
- Richlea lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of D'Arcy Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richlea came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richlea
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bickleigh
- Bickleigh lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of D'Arcy Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bickleigh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stranraer
- Stranraer lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of D'Arcy Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stranraer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plenty
- Plenty lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of D'Arcy Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plenty came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plenty
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for D'Arcy Station ...
Looking for more information about D'Arcy Station? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to D'Arcy Station, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for D'Arcy Station.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past D'Arcy Station and then turned west". While D'Arcy Station could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added D'Arcy Station as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that D'Arcy Station could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of D'Arcy Station, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as D'Arcy Station). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether D'Arcy Station or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- D'Arcy Station) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for D'Arcy Station. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from D'Arcy StationOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in D'Arcy Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4892, Longitude: -108.6767 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|