Welcome to Dodsland ...
The village of Dodsland is 2,140 feet [652 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Dodsland is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Dodsland lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Dodsland, you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Dodsland: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Dodsland: S0L<3>
Communities near Dodsland ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dodsland.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coleville
- Coleville lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Dodsland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coleville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coleville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plenty
- Plenty lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Dodsland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plenty came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plenty
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Handel
- Handel lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Dodsland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Handel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Handel
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruthilda
- Ruthilda lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Dodsland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruthilda
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelfield
- Kelfield lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Dodsland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stranraer
- Stranraer lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Dodsland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stranraer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broadacres
- Broadacres lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Dodsland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broadacres
- D'Arcy Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for D'Arcy Station
- D'Arcy Station lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Dodsland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for D'Arcy Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on D'Arcy Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Netherhill
- Netherhill lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Dodsland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Netherhill
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dodsland ...
Looking for more information about Dodsland? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Dodsland, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Dodsland.
Adding Dodsland to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Dodsland was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Dodsland on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dodsland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dodsland - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Dodsland). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Dodsland or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dodsland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dodsland. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DodslandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dodsland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.7993, Longitude: -108.8332 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|