A visit to the Lemsford Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Lemsford Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Lemsford Cemetery (FAG ID #2468771)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Lemsford Cemetery ...
The Lemsford Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Lemsford.
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Lemsford Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Lemsford Cemetery
Lat: 50.8629° (50° 51' 46")
Lon: -109.1218° (-109° 7' 18")
Location using the Domain Land Survey:
Or the Northeast Quarter of Section 9, Township 22, Range 23, West of the 3rd Meridian
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Lemsford Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Saskatchewan:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Lemsford Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Saskatchewan
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 16 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Lemsford Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abbey
- Abbey lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abbey
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glidden
- Glidden lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Lemsford Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glidden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glidden
- Continue List (12 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lancer
- Lancer lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Lemsford Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lancer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lancer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laporte
- Laporte lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laporte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lemsford
- Lemsford lies less than 2 miles<2> to the south of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lemsford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Liebenthal
- Liebenthal lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liebenthal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Madison
- Madison lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the north of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madison
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mendham
- Mendham lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the west of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mendham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Portreeve
- Portreeve lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Portreeve
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prelate
- Prelate lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prelate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shackleton
- Shackleton lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shackleton
- Snipe Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Snipe Lake
- Snipe Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Lemsford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snipe Lake
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 4 cemeteries that are within 10 miles [16.1 km] of the Lemsford Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Lancer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lancer Cemetery
- Lancer Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Lemsford Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lancer Cemetery
- Portreeve Memorial Cemetery
- Prelate Community Cemetery
- Sceptre Memorial Gardens
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Lemsford Cemetery:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Lemsford Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8629, Longitude: -109.1218 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|