Welcome to Abbey ...
The village of Abbey was established in 1913.
Abbey is 2,230 feet [680 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Abbey is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Abbey lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Abbey: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Abbey: S0N<3>
Adding Abbey to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Abbey: The earliest map where we found it was on a Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Abbey on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Abbey ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Abbey - it's located in Idaho.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Abbey.
Communities near Abbey ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Abbey.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cabri
- Cabri lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Abbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cabri
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lancer
- Lancer lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Abbey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lancer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lancer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shackleton
- Shackleton lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Abbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shackleton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Portreeve
- Portreeve lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Abbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Portreeve
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lemsford
- Lemsford lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Abbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lemsford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lacadena
- Lacadena lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Abbey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lacadena came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacadena
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battrum
- Battrum lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Abbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battrum
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roseray
- Roseray lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Abbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roseray
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tyner
- Tyner lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the northeast of Abbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tyner
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Abbey ...
Looking for more information about Abbey? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Abbey, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Abbey.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Abbey. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Abbey - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Abbey). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Abbey or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Abbey) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Abbey. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Abbey
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Abbey. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.7350, Longitude: -108.7581
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|