Communities Also Named Broderick ...
We have found two communities that share the name Broderick.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Broderick is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Yolo County
- This Broderick is located in Yolo County and lies 1,136 miles [1,828.2 km]<1> to the southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broderick
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Yolo County community of Broderick.
- Pottawatomie County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of Broderick [Pottawatomie County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Broderick ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bounty - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bounty
- Bounty was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Broderick
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquest
- Conquest lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Broderick
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conquest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cutbank
- Cutbank lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the south of Broderick
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cutbank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutbank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Donavan
- Donavan lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Broderick
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Donavan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donavan
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laura
- Laura lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Broderick
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laura
- Pike Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pike Lake
- Pike Lake lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the north of Broderick
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pike Lake
- Valley Park - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valley Park
- Valley Park was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Broderick
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Valley Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
How Far From Broderick to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Broderick to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Broderick and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 123 miles [197.9 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Broderick to Regina, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,476 miles [2,375.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 84 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,237 miles [10,037.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,006 miles [11,275.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,028 miles [8,091.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Broderick. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Broderick) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Broderick. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BroderickOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Broderick. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4892, Longitude: -106.9178 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Broderick could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Broderick to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.561 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.607 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.243 degrees.||