Communities Also Named Briercrest ...
We have found one communities that share the name Briercrest.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Briercrest is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Briercrest in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- King County
- This Briercrest is located in King County and lies 788 miles [1,268.2 km]<1> to the west.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Briercrest
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the King County community of Briercrest.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Briercrest ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Archive
- Archive lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Briercrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Archive came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archive
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buttress
- Buttress lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the west of Briercrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buttress came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buttress
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drinkwater
- Drinkwater lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Briercrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drinkwater
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dummer
- Dummer lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Briercrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dummer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dummer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mayberry
- Mayberry lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Briercrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mayberry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mayberry
- Moose Jaw
- Mount Pleasant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Briercrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant
- Spring Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Valley
- Spring Valley lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the south of Briercrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spring Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Valley
- Stony Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stony Beach
- Stony Beach lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Briercrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stony Beach
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Briercrest. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Glen Sonmore (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Moose Jaw (Saskatchewan) on Monday April 22, 1929 and died in Paris (Ontario) on Sunday December 14, 2014 at the age of 85. He is buried at Lakewood Cemetery (Hennepin County, Minnesota).
- Moose Jaw is located 20 miles [32.2 km] to the northwest of Briercrest.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Glen Sonmore<4>
How Far From Briercrest to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Briercrest to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Briercrest and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the northeast (NE). If you could walk a straight line from Briercrest to Regina, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,399 miles [2,251.5 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about three full days, a buggy would take 55 days and walking would take 80 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,276 miles [10,100.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,045 miles [11,337.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,045 miles [8,119.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Briercrest. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Briercrest) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Briercrest. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BriercrestOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Briercrest. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1657, Longitude: -105.2641 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Briercrest to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.262 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.994 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.472 degrees.||